Bruins Battered by Blue Bulldogs But Hopeful for upset Game Today

Nelson, Swingler Only Regular Backs in Starting Lineup.

By Brown Herald and Bill ROACH Sports editor

PROVIDENCE, Nov. 15--Browns battered Bruin eleven journeys to Cambridge today for the 46th renewal of the Bears' second oldest gridiron rivalry. Over a 43-year period the Cantabs have an edge in the series, with 36 wins while Brown has won eight and tied one. Harvard last won in 1945 when they edged the bears, 14 to 7, while the last brown triumph came in 1938 by a 20 to 11 margin.

After last Saturday's Eli tussle, the Bruins will field a makeshift team with three or four reserves in the starting lineup. In addition, Coach Rip Engle's resulting from the Yale tilt.

Woodie Grimshaw and Bud Schuster, the two regular wingmen, will start at the ends, while Big Bill McClellan and Captain Jim Lalikos will be in the tackle berths. McClellan, 220-pound tackle, has been one of the Bruin stars after being hampered by a pre-season leg injury that kept him out of the first few games.

Lalikos, regular left tackle, has been shifted to right tackle because of the injury of Paul Flick, regular right tackle.

Outstanding Lou Regine, returnee from 1942 eleven, is a Bruin regular center and will start at that point. Much of the stellar play of the Bruin line has been due to Regine's remarkable job of backing up the forward wall.

Only two of the regular backfield will start against the Cantabs, Roy Swingler, driving full back, and chuck Nelson, right half, top pass receiver and pas defender of Abe Englemen. Tommy Dorsey, left halfback may start although he has been bothered by a nose injury this week.

Bears Lack Quarterback

The Bear's biggest trouble is in the quarterback spot where little field general Eddie Finn, 165 lb. sling-shot passer has been so effective. Finn has a painful back injury, received just before the Yale game, that will probably keep him out of the lineup this week as well. Hank Pilote, Finn's understudy showed up well in last week's Yale slaughter, but was injured and may see only limited action.

The so-called "psychological" factors are all in favor of the Bruins and they relish the underdog role imposed upon them usually. Even with the drubbing received last week at the hands of Jackson and the Elis, hopes and morale are still high in the Bruin camp and the Englemen are pointing for an upset.