Poland Asks U.N. to Break Off Its Relations with Franco Spain; China Policy Booed by Students

U.N Urged to Bar France

LAKE SUCCESS, N. Y., November 1-- Poland demanded tonight that the United Nations break off diplomatic relations with Generalissimo Franco and bar his government from any organization connected with the United Nations.

Poland's foreign minister, Wincenty Rzymowski, chief of his country's delegation to the U.N. Assembly, filed a double-barrelled resolution with the United Nations little more than 24 hours before the deadline for bringing up matters for the agenda.

His action came at the end of a day filled with committee meetings which was marked by the United States balking at paying half of the administrative costs of the United Nations for 1947.

Poland filed a complaint against Franco Spain last April but the United Nations Security Council, after a long wrangle, failed to act.

The United States lost no time today taking up the matter of administrative expenses for 1947. Soviet Russia was assessed six percent for that period and Great Britain 10.50 percent in the proposed budget.

U.S. Senator Arthur H. Vandenberg (R.Mich.), the United States member of the U.N administrative-budgetary committee, made a strong statement to the committee rejecting the figure set by United Nations experts.

He said his delegation would recommend to the United States Congress that this nation pay 33 percent for 1947 on a temporary basis but that the U.S. felt a top limit of 25 percent should be agreed upon for any one country after the world's economy has recovered from war.