University of Vienna Offers Board, Lodging

Partial payment for the Student Council's gift of sugar and chocolate came from the University of Vienna yesterday in the form of a letter to the Food Relief Committee offering board and lodging to two Harvard students in the Austrian capital.

Commenting on the offer, Clemens Heller 2G, who has handled all Austrian correspondence for the Committee, said he was virtually certain that tuition fellowships could be arranged for men whose scholastic record was adequate. He also stated that a special sub-committee, comprised of student and faculty members, would be set up to examine applicants.

Further opportunities in Austria include, according to Heller, several national full fellowships for American music students who wish to travel to the Salzburg festival in Austria next summer. These fellowships have been arranged after consultation with the Austrian Ministry of Education, he said. He added that he would be available in the Winthrop House Library to anyone wishing further information on the two possibilities.