Undefeated Freshmen Soccer Team Faces Unbeaten Yale '50's Today

With a chance of carving out their own private little niche in Harvard athletic history the Class of 1950 soccer team takes the Business School Field this afternoon against an unbeaten eleven from Yale. Undefeated in ten games so far this year the Yardlings, by winning today could become the University's first Freshman soccer team to go through its schedule with an unblemished record. HARVARD    YALE Batchelder  g.  Schelpert Harrop  rfb.  Matthlesson Scully  lfb.  Dulaney Mudd  rhb.  Martin Bell  chb.  Wright Langmann  lhb.  Jolin Spivah  rof.  Griggs Morgan  rif.  Gruner Chen  cf.  Ford Gilbert  lif  Stannard Register  lof.  Dupree

A strong forward line, with Johnny Spivak and Dave Register as the main scorers, is well backed up on the defense by captain Jim Bell at center halfback and Bill Harrop and Mike Scully at the fullback slots. A hard-fighting team from their first game of the season, the Yardlings have developed into a well-coordinated aggressive eleven with good passing and teamwork on the offense.

Coach Poley Guyda has had nothing to complain about in the play of his team, but he feels that this afternoon's game will be the toughest his team has faced all season. "I think we have a good team and a good chance to win."

Coach Jack Marshall of the '50 Yale booters is sold on his team also. Unbeaten in seven starts this year the Elis hold a decision over Navy, 2 to 1, and a tie with the powerful Princeton Freshmen. With Curly Ford, their main scoring threat, anchored at the center-forward slot, the Yalies are strong defensively with John Matthiessen as their fullback star.