Harriers Name Rosenfeld Captain; Tracksters Announce Season Card

Completing the transition from fall to winter track, Coach Jaakko Mikkola last night simultaneously welcomed 80 candidates for the Crimson's indoor squad and announced the election of Huna Rosenfeld '49, of Millis and Dunster House, as captain of next year's cross-country squad.

Meets with Yale, Army, Princeton, Tufts, Northeastern, and Rhode Island have been carded to date for the Varsity while the Freshmen team will travel to Andover on December 7 for its only encounter yet scheduled.

Tufts will be the Varsity opponent on December 14 with the possibility of the mile and two-mile relay teams running even before then against Rhode Island. An indoor meet with the Elis will be run later in the season against New Haven.

West Point in February

In February, the Mikkolamen will get a crack at the Tiger and the Army mule in a triangular affair at West Point where the team will also elect a captain for the year.

At last night's meeting in the Varsity Club, Penrose Hallowell '32, who held the inter-collegiate mile record during his sojurn in Cambridge, handed accolades to Jaakko for being a "great coach" and a good companion on their tour through Finland a few years ago.

Rosenfeld, who never competed on the oval before last spring when he ran the mile and two-mile, will be the only returning letterman on the 1947 harrier squad. He won his H this fall in the Harvard-Yale-Princeton triangular meet where he placed third.

Rosenfeld also placed the highest of his teammates, in the twentieth slot, in the Ivy League Heptagonals held in Van Courtlandt Park on November 9.