Mavor Picked to Captain 1947 Fall Crimson Booters

Regular Right Halfback Elected By Team in Session at Dillon; Ensign Chosen as Manager

Huntington Mavor '46 of Cambridge, a non-resident member of Adams House, was elected Varsity soccer captain for the 1947 fall season at a meeting yesterday afternoon in the Dillon Field House. Mavor, a member of to 1944 informal eleven, was the regular right halfback for the booters during the past season.

A graduate of Loomis School in Windsor, Connecticut, Mavor entered College in the fall of 1944 and immediately won the position of center halfback on Coach MacDonald's wartime booters. After spending some time in the Navy V-12 program at Ohio State, he returned to College this fall as a Junior.

Consistent Good Work

As starting right half and substitute center half on the formal Varsity eleven this season, Mavor turned in consistent performances. A strong runner with a long kick, he was especially good in scrimmages and scrambles for the ball. "I've always liked the way Hunt plays," Coach MacDonald said yesterday, "and I could not ask for a better captain."

MacDonald also announced that John B. Ensign '46 of Eliot House and Tarrytown, N. Y., has been appointed manager for the 1947 season as the winner of the competition held this fall.

Several of the Crimson booters are under consideration for selection to play in the North-South all-star college soccer game to be held in New York in September. The official list of those chosen to appear in the contest will be made public in the early part of next week.