The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Rental of Boston Garden to Solve Overcrowding at Main Court Tilts

Bingham Expects 15,000 Seating Capacity will Accommodate Students, General Admissions; Only Holders of Season Tickets May View Indoor Athletic Building Games

Tickets for Varsity basketball games in the Boston Garden will be pegged at $2.70 for general admissions, and $1.25 for season ticket holders, William J. Bingham '16, announced Wednesday. Admission to contests at the Indoor Athletic Building will be by season ticket only.

Although in theory every possessor of an H.A.A. booklet will be entitled to a seat for every game at the Indoor Athletic Building, Bingham pointed out that the limit for any one game would be 1800 admissions, because of the state fire law.

Overcrowding Improbable

Admitting that it is possible that many students might be turned away under these conditions, Bingham nevertheless declared that such a situation was improbable, since the H.A.A. had put all its big games into the Garden, which can accommodate 15,000.

Unless H.A.A. predictions go awry, as they did in the Yale football game, every individual will be able to see any game he pleases. The chief source of the predictions is, of course, last year's attendance at any one contest, and therefore games which packed the Athletic Building stands last year have been moved to the Garden.

Good Team Will Draw

Similarly, games which result in overcrowding this year will also be moved to Boston for the 1947 campaign. This would be small consolation to those turned away, Bingham again admitted, but finance makes any other set-up impossible. Bingham also remarked that if the team this year was as good as it was in 1945, he might have to duck more than a few hot student invectives on this count.

Ordinarily the evening's basketball will begin at 8:30 o'clock, unless the Varsity game is preceeded by a Jayvee or Freshman affair, which will push the time up to 7:30 o'clock.