Debaters Will Tackle Middlebury on Right Policy Toward Russia

Resuming intercollegiate competition after three weeks of inactivity, the Debate Council will plunge tonight into an intensive schedule, the first round of which is a contest against a visiting team from Middlebury College on the question of American policy toward Russia. This debate will be held at 8 o'clock in the Lowell House Junior Common Room.

Daniel M. Pierce '49 and Roy G. Clouse '50 will take the floor for the Crimson in tonight's contest, in an attempt to bring the Council its first victory of the season. This will be the first forsenic competition against Middlebury since 1944.

A new opponent for the Council is McGill University, which appears on the schedule in a simultaneous home-and-home debate tomorrow evening. Peter H. Klein '50 and Lucian C. Parlato '50 will travel to Montreal to argue the affirmative case in the question: "Resolved, that labor be given a direct share in the management of industry." Elton McNeil '49 and James B. Field '47 will defend the negative position in the local half of the debate, to be held at 8 o'clock in the Winthrop House Junior' Common Room.