Roads, Rails Aid Trip to Hanover

Pilgrims making their way to Hanover, New Hampshire, home of the Big Green this weekend should find few transportation difficulties an informal poll of Boston travel advisers disclosed last night.

Biggest been to the wayfarers is the Dartmouth Special planned by the railroads. It will depart from North Station at 9:20 o'clock tomorrow morning and is scheduled to arrive in Hanover at 12:30 o'clock that afternoon, well before game time.

Coming back in the evening, the Special will leave Dartmouth environs at approximately six o'clock and will be due at North Station three hours later. The caravan will be equipped with diner and club car and will be an all coach train.

Round trip places are to cost four dollars or slightly better than half the normal rate.

Regular Train Tonight

The only other train making the run will leave Boston at 8:45 o'clock this evening and will take football fans only as far as White River Junction. The taxi fare across the river to Hanover has been reckoned at 50 cents. The sole return train will leave the Junction at 3:50 Sunday morning, the one way tariff being $3.67.

Motorists have their choice of two routes for the three-and-a-half hour jaunt, according to the American Automobile Association. The first runs along U. S. Highway 3 through Lowell and Concord. New Hampshire, to Penacock; from there the trail branches off to U. S. Highway 4 to Lebanon, whence State Highway 10 leads to Hanover.

The alternate selection follows U.S. Highway 3 to Manchester, New Hampshire, State Highway 114 from there to Bradford, State Highway 103 from Bradford to Sunapee, State Highway 11 from Sunapee to Newport, and State Highway 10 from Newport to Hanover.

Private bus transportation has been arranged for the weekend by the University Travel Company and can still be secured through them.

The Greyhounds offer little promise to ticket holders with no specials scheduled. The only run that will make Hanover by game time will leave at 11:59 o'clock tonight and reach White River Junction at 4:30 o'clock tomorrow morning.

The return ride will leave at 2:50 o'clock Sunday morning and will reach the Park Square terminal at 7:20 o'clock. Round trip cost will be five dollars