Soccermen Face 'Huskies' Today; Yardlings Will Seek Ninth Victory

Back on the victory trail after last week's win over M.I.T., the Varsity soccer team will be looking for its third triumph of the season against the University of Connecticut booters this afternoon at 12:30 o'clock on the Business School Field; while the Yarding squad will meet Nichols Junior College later in the afternoon on the same field.

Coach Mac MacDonald is starting the same lineup today as that which opened against M.I.T. last Saturday with the only possible change being at right wing. If Jacko Smith has sufficiently recovered from a log injured three weeks ago, he will open for the Crimson instead of last week's starter, Curtis Cate.

The Huskies have piled up a record of two wins against one defeat including a victory over Tufts, a team which the Crimson has also beaten.

Looking for their eighth victory of the year against no defeats and one tie, the Freshman soccor team will face Nicholas Junior College this afternoon at the Business School Field. The Nicholsmen are on the crest of a three game winning streak and will probably prove the tough act game of the schedule for the Yardlings.

Coach Poley Guyda is pleased with the progress of his charges, especially after their last period victory over Milton Academy this Wednesday. In racking up their seventh win of the current campaign, the Freshmen played sloppy ball for the first three quarters but caught fire in the last period and scored twice on nicely placed kicks by wing Register.

Yesterday afternoon on the Business School Field, Medford High played an informal J. V. game with the Varsity squad and outplayed the Crimson by the score of 2-0. HARVARD    CONNECTICUT Harshman  g.  Grant Purinton  l.f.b.  Jackson Forster  r.f.b.  Wisniewski Blanco  l.h.b.  Tedford Ogden  c.h.b.  Johnson Mayor  r.h.b.  Kilday Corrigan  l.o.f.  Baldwin Morse  l.l.f.  Arcane Potter  c.f.  Cunningham Lazarus  r.l.f.  Pratt Cate  r.c.f.  Parks