Opening Practice Won By Yardling Pucksters

In a promising though unofficial debut yesterday afternoon in the Boston Arena, the Freshman hockey team amassed eight goals against Governor Dummer Academy, and at the same time held the Governors scoreless.

The opening Crimson aggregation saw an offense combination of wings Jim Ward and Bob Almy and center Jim Fletcher, with AI Key and Bill Allen backing them up from the defense positions. Nova Scotian and former Junior Olympic star Bill Yetman started as goalie, and left nothing to be desired as he and the Crimson defense shut out the inexperienced prep-schoolers.

Coach Doug Annet sent in his spares early in the game, and six of the eight goals were made by non-starters. The first period saw tallies by Key, Ward, and Abbot. Lamb accounted for the only session saw three goals by Friedman and score of the secnod period, and the final another by Abbot.

Other men who also played for the Crimson were: Feloney, Loring, Farington, Abbott, Ayres, Young, Bradlee, Tabor, Reiner, Ward, and Mumford.

The Yardlings have two games scheduled in the near future, one with Rindge Tech on Monday and the other with Belmont High on Wednesday.