Coach Bob Margarita Will Play for Chicago In Pro Football Game

Coach Dick Harlow and his football coaching staff are taking more than passing interest in the championship game of the National Professional League tomorrow, for Bob Margarita, Varsity backfield coach, will be back at his old post for the Chicago Bears against the New York Giants at the Polo Grounds.

Margarita, a seatback ace at Brown who gave Harlow numerous headaches while performing for the Bruins as an undergraduate, joined the Bears after his discharge from service in 1944, and last year was the third-leading ground gainer in the pro league. He gave up the play-for-pay profession to join the Varsity coaching staff this fall.

Injured Against Cardinals

Joining the Bears after the Yale game, Margarita played the entire first period for George Halas' eleven against the Chicago Cardinals on December 1, carrying for considerable yardage and two first downs. He caught a fifteen-yard pass for another first down, but early in the second period, after taking a pass out from Sid Luckman, quarterback in Bear T-formation, suffered a sprained ankle when hit by the Cardinal backer-up.

The injury kept him out of the Bears' tussle last Sunday, but he is expected to be ready for action against the Giants tomorrow. His teammates, in a generous gesture, voted him a half-share in their championship proceeds. After the play-off, Margarita will return to his University coaching duties.