Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Citing Toxic Culture and Administrator Departures, Harvard School of Public Health Faculty Repeatedly Weighed Voting No Confidence in Dean

Elizabeth Wurtzel ’89, Who Collected Friends ‘Like Beads on a String,’ Dies at 52

Multimedia

The Photos That Captured the 2010s

Record Crowds Jam All Rail, Air Facilities; Reservations Sold Out

Only opportunities for home going vacationers to find room in the over-crowded holiday transportation facilities are bus tickets, Northeast Airlines plane seats, and railway coach accomodations, key transportation officials announced yesterday.

A representative of the University Travel Company described the situation from December 19 through 22 as "almost impossible," but added that bus-lines offer some space, and there are always coaches, and that "a few" cancellations on rail and plane reservations may come in later.

Berths on Boston & Albany trains are "sold out," according to authorities of that company, but expected extra equipment may provide space for those on the waiting list. New York, New Haven, and Hartford reservations are also exhausted, although coach space will be available.

No Room Aloft

Northeast Airlines, which goes to New York and points north, still has seats left, but other plane companies offer less hope. Eastern, American, United, and TWA are filled for almost every flight.

Greyhound Bus Lines expect to be able to handle everyone who needs transportation, an official announced, adding that there was "no unusual demand." The Quaker City Bus Company, which runs one bus a day to New York, still has seats, and the MacKenzie Coach Lines also has accomodations available.

Car space is somewhat Limited also, as evidenced by numerous "want-ads."