Freshman Basketmen Subdue Exeter, 50-34; Face Tufts Tomorrows

Building up a 16 point lead in the firsthalf, the Yardling quintet matched Exeter Academy counter for counter during the remainder of the contest to gain a 50 to 34 victory on the Indoor Athletic Building court Saturday.

Captain John Rockwell again led the attack as he racked up 22 markers. Frank Lionette dropped 14 points through the hoop to be runner up in this department. Ken Gabbler and Larry Craig paced the losers with 5 goals apiece.

The triumph was the second in as many starts for the Freshmen, but they were not impressive. Illness and injuries to key players hold the team's efficiency at a low ebb,

Coach Warren Berg '44 was impressed with the visitors' flight and well-executed defense. He admitted that the return engagement will probably be a great deal tougher as it will be played at Exeter.

practice in free throws during the past week paid off in the game. The Yardlings missed only 6 out of 22 attempts. Coach Berg was pleased with this aspect of the encounter and he hopes they are just as accurate tomorrow night against the Tufts Jayvees.