Opposition to Partisan Influence at Meeting Voiced Through Rice

Determined to avoid the dangers of partisan control, University delegates to the three-day National Student Council, beginning in Chicago December 28, will stress the adoption of proposals to keep the group from being run by organization with axes to grind.

"We believe that the national student organization which will evolve from this conference must be as representative as possible," stated Andrew E. Rice '43 1G. "To accomplish this we will propose that two-thirds of the members of policy making committees be direct representatives from colleges and universities, with only one-third representing existing student organizations."

The delegation will also advocate the formation of regional councils to carry on the bulk of the parent organization's work, and will ask that these regional councils consist entirely of college delegates, with the representation of the college proportional to the number of students.

Representing the college in addition to Rice will be Doughlass Cater '46 Clifton R. Wharton '47, and Eugene A. Dinet, Jr. '44.

Delegates of New England colleges will meet in Phillips Brooks House at 4 o'clock this afternoon for a pre-convention briefing.