U.N. Group Picks Two For Columbia Meeting

Acting on the advice of Chester H. J. Keppler, Counsellor for Foreign Students, the executive board of the United Nations Council has nominated two of its members, Stephen M. Schwebel '50 and Allan P. Sindler '48, to represent Harvard at the International Students Clubs Convention to be held at Columbia University, December 28 and 29.

Sponsored by the International Institute of Columbia, the two delegates will discuss with representatives of the foreign nationality clubs of American colleges ways in which American and foreign student organizations can cooperate more closely.

Future plans of the U. N. Council call for a poll to be taken in the spring term to reveal the extent of student knowledge and the direction of student opinion about the United Nations. The survey was stimulated by a recent nation-wide poll which revealed that 30 percent of the American people did not know that the United States was a member of the United Nations.

The group also announced the tentative scheduling of a speech by James W. Fulbright, senator from Arkansas.