Crimson to Face Army, Yale, IC4A In Indoor Track

Mikkola Calls for More Men On Yardling Squad; Practice Meets Featured This Month

In an announcement yesterday of this year's indoor track schedule, which includes the Millrose games, the IC4A, and a contest with the vaunted Army squad, Jaakko Mikkola, track coach, appealed for a bigger turnout for both Freshmen and Varsity squads.

With a Yardling practice meet with Andover coming up this Saturday, Jaakko remarked that "This year we need more Freshmen, particularly pole vaulters," and he added that he wanted to get some javelin men in training for next spring.

The Varsity, whose official schedule does not begin until January 25 and may not get started until the Millrose games on February 1, will first field a full fourteen-event squad on December 14 in a practice meet at Tufts. A mile and two mile relay with the Rhode Island Rams, and a triangular meet with Tufts and Northeastern in January will fill out the schedule of practice meets.

One highlight of the season will be the annual running of the Crimson weights and jumps Invitation meet on February 15, in which more than a dozen colleges will send teams to Briggs Cage.

The Schedule:

February 1, Millrose Games, New York

February 3, Army and Princeton, West

Point

February 15 Weights and Jumps Invitation Meet, Cambridge

February 22, Yale, New Haven

March 1, IC4A, New York