Chicago Meeting Nominees to Be Selected Tonight

Election of College Delegation From Committee's Choices Planned for This Thursday

Sitting tonight from 7 to 9 o'clock in Phillips Brooks House, the nominating committee for the University delegation to the National Student Conference in chicago will receive all undergraduates interested in being placed on the slate of delegates to be submitted to the students in a College wide election on Thursday. The meeting this evening is the only time at which applications will be taken.

Following the final announcement of the meeting of the four-man nominating committee, S. Doughlass Cater '46, chairman of the Student Council's International Student Activities Committee, said that further information had been received on the agenda and plans of the Student Conference.

He said that giver 150 colleges and universities have already signalled their intention of sending delegates to the conference, which will be held at the University of Chicago from December 28 through 30, and that the four point panel agenda had been decided upon.

First panel to be discussed and voted upon in the plenary session will be the organization and duties of a Continuations Committee, which will be elected to form the framework of the relation of the proposed national organization to its constituent colleges and student organ izations. The third and fourth panels will take up student activity in international affairs and the objectives of the national organization.

In announcing the plans for the conference Cater remarked that "The chances are excellent that a national students' organization can be established which will be a non-partisan body," which, he added, would be able to serve the needs of the students of the nation and cooperate with the International Union of Students.

He also warned that there will be groups trying to dominate the conference in their own interest and said that "we can only work and attempt to make certain that they do not succeed.