QUINTET FAVORED OVER TUFTS FIVE TOMORROW

Stahlmen Defeated Jumbos in December

Ignoring the nominal vacation now being enjoyed by the rest of the College, Coach Floyd Stahl will take his high-riding Varsity quintet to Medford tomorrow evening, where Dick Corchoran's Tufts five will attempt to avenge its 52 to 48 loss to the Crimson earlier this season.

Fresh from their high-tension 39 to 37 revenge victory over Yale on January 16, the Stahlmen will be looking for their eighth triumph in nine starts, Holy Cross being the lone victor. But the Jumbos, led by Captain Bob Skarda and his well-trained push shots, may well prove a stumbling block; two of the Crimson's thirteen defeats last year were suffered at their hands.

Once again Wyndol Gray, all-America court star from Bowling Green, will lead the Crimson attack; Harvard rooters expect him to surpass his twice-achieved single-game score of 25 points. All of his starting teammates are also ready for action, with playmaker Saul Mariaschin back in top shape again after his thrilling bad-ankle performance in the Yale game.

After this contest just seven games separate the Cantabs from finishing the best season in Crimson court history. Previously beaten Brown (58 to 34) and Boston University (65 to 48) are scheduled again, while Worcester Polytechnic Institute, which bowed to Tufts to the tune of 84 to 59, will be played twice in eight days. Northeastern, Quonset, and New Hampshire complete the list; none of them--except possibly Quonset, an unknown--looms as serious opposition.

As a preliminary to the Varsity game, which starts at 8:30 o'clock, Coach Al McCoy will send his Jayvee quintet onto the floor against the Jumbo B squad. They will try to approach the phenomenal score of 70 to 22 that they rolled up against the Portsmouth marines in their last contest. Varsity Lineups Gray  l.f.  Burgbacher Gantt  r.f.  Skarda Decsi  c.  Barnhart Mariaschin  l.g.  McCurdy Champion  r.g.  Cooney