GOV. 1B LEADS IN ENROLMENTS

Psychology 2 Takes Biggest Jump, Present Figures Show

Modern government has tightened its grip on undergraduate popularity, with Gov. 1b surpassing even English Ab, according to tentative course enrolment figures released yesterday by Sargent Kennedy, Registrar of the College.

Not including graduates, Radcliffe enrolees, late registrants, and the present stream of course changes, first tabulations nevertheless show the continuing supremacy of the social sciences. The Government Department boasts a slight lead, with an approximate total of 1200, over Economics and History with 1100.

Gov. 1b's 481 barely tops 469 for English Ab, while Psychology 2 at this point reigns over History 1b, 380 to 378. English Aa, being repeated. has enrolled 350 students for a grand total for the course of over 800. Economics Aa, also repeated this term, numbers 325 in addition to the 264 in Ec. Ab.

Mathematics again leads the sciences with 213 in Ab, 189 in Aa, and 123 in C, contributing to a total 700. Physics, with 500, comes next, followed by Chemistry Engineering Sciences, and Biology.

The Humanities are dominated by the Philosophy Department with an enrolment of more than 500, which is equalled by Psychology in the social sciences.