HDC Will Present 'Winterset' in May

Casting to Begin Next Week For Anderson Social Tragedy

Maxwell Anderson's tragedy "Winterset" will be the Harvard Dramatic Club's major spring production, President Charles Mansfield '48 announced Wednesday night. Casting will being early next week and the finished presentation will be produced early in May.

In "Winterset" Anderson protests the criminally negligent handling of the Sacce-Vanzetti trial. Mio Romangna, presumably the son of Vanzetti, attempts to discover the culprit in a murder for which his father was executed; on meeting the sentencing judge he completely besis him in what is almost a re-trial, but his discovery of the killer results in his own destruction. Often considered one of Anderson's finest works, "Winterset" was produced as a movie in 1936 by RKO.

"Winterset" will not, however, be the RDC's only contribution, for at least one single act play, completely under student supervision, is on the docked for the coming term. The Dramatic Club's main production so far this year was Mclieve's "Le Misanthrope" under the direction of Fritz Jessuer.