Quintet Whips Northeastern 82-25 As Jayvees Top Dummer Academy

Varsity to Play Worcester In Return Match Tomorrow

Rolling to its twelfth victory in thirteen starts, the Crimson quintet steamrollered a weak Northeastern five Wednesday evening at the Indoor Athletic Building by a score of 82 to 25. Coach Al McCoy's Jayvees won their game from Governor Dummer Academy 45 to 35 for the third doubleheader in a row for the basketballers.

The Stahlmen will attempt to make Worcester Polytechnic Institute the victim of win number thirteen tomorrow when it journeys to the Engineers' home courts. On the basis of the first tilt between the two teams, the Crimson should have no trouble romping to victory in game beginning at 8:30 o'clock.

Stahlmen Gain Early Lead

Wednesday's game was strictly no contest. With Paul Champion providing four points on layups, the Crimson roared to a 12 to 0 lead over the Huskies in seven minutes of playing time. From there on in, Captain Wyndol Gray took the center of the show, rifling in 22 points while playing only slightly more than half of the game.

Besides accounting for four of the quintet's six points on fouls, Gray's general floor work and play making was his slickest in the team's last few games. Though he scored 22 points himself, his all-around play was good for at least 20 more.

Gantt and Swegan Notch 12

Tied for second in the scoring column were forward Johnny Gantt, and replacement Don Swegan, both of whom weighted in with 12 point totals. Lou Decsi and Saul Mariaschin rounded out the double figure scores with ten each.

A chief factor in the tremendous showing of the squad--57 points is the largest Crimson victory margin in at least three seasons--was the fine guarding of Champion and Mariaschin, whose new role as a member of the class of '47 does not seem to have hampered his ability to stifle enemy forwards.

High scorers for the Huskies were Hal Maron with seven points, Ben Coleman, and Tom Blair. At the free throw line, however, the Northeasterners far surpassed the Varsity, sinking 13 out of a possible 21-free shots from the foul line.

The Summary:   FG  FT  PTS Gray, lf.  9  4  22 Gantt, r.f.  6  0  12 Decsi, c.  4  2  10 Champion, l.g.  3  0  6 Mariaschin, r.g.  5  0  10 Swegan  6  0  12 Petrillo  0  0  0 Davis  2  0  4 McDaniel  2  0  4 Page  1  0  2 Totals  38  6  82