Mermen Meet Indians At Hanover Tomorrow

Diving into a schedule that will include Connecticut, Andover, and Yale, the Crimson's Ulen-coached swimmers will meet the Big Green of Dartmouth tomorrow in a contest to be held at Hanover beginning at 11 o'clock in the morning.

Though the squad is inexperienced, including only one men from the last previous aggregation, it has shown well, winning its only meet from a seasoned Brown University team by a score of 52 to 20.

Enthusiasm and Drive

"Enthusiasm and drive" is the way Coach Hal Ulen explained the first victory against Brown. The team, led by Jerry Gorman who won his two free style events--the 100 and the 220 yard races--and Frank Kraymer, who swims the 200 yard medley relay and the 150 yard backstroke, gave promise of developing into one of the better Crimson outfits.

The only veteran on the squad is Pete Steffans, who was one of the divers for the squad in 1942. Outside of Steffans, the mermen are as green as the pool at Dartmouth, except for the possible exception of Tony Bryan--50 yard free style who is a graduate of Oxford and the RAF, doing special work here.