Everybody loves a fire--a little soul-warming incident every now and then, especially when there's a big Fire Department turnout. Thus the enthusiasm of the occupants of Winthrop House knew no bounds yesterday when the grease on a kitchen stove caught fire in the small hours (seven o'clock, that is) of the morn.
Three hook-and-ladder trucks, the fire chief's car, a pumping truck, and an emergency wagon were employed to carry one hose (small size) to the scene of the disaster. Slumbering Puritans, Bellboys, and Bunnies awoke for a half-hour of enjoyable confusion. Nobody had any marshmallows.