Council, House Committees Purchase Wire to Broadcast N.C.A.A. Contest

Scholarship Applications to Be Considered Wednesday

In order to bring the NCAA championship basketball game to men who were unable to attend, the Student Council voted last night to join with the various House Committees in the purchases of a wire from New York, and thus to broadcast the contest through the facilities of the Crimson Network.

Each House contributed $15 to the fund, and the Council paid the remaining sum. The actual transmission was handled by the New York station WHN, and was sent over the Council-purchased wire for broadcasting through the intercollege system. With Bert Lee at the mike, the program gave a play-by-play account of the contest. Investigation of the parking problem in the University was referred to a committee set up for that purpose under the chairmanship of Arthur C. McGill '48.

Routine committee reports were acted on, and more details of a proposed marriage forum discussed. A sizable donation to the Red Cross was announced.

The Council Committee on Scholarships will meet on Wednesday night, March 27, between 7:30 and 9:30 o'clock in the Council Room at Phillips Brooks House to accept scholarship applications.