Sports Move Outside On Arrival of Spring

Indoor Athletics Will Continue In Basketball, Swimming

Bowing to spring's arrival, the Department of Physical Training yesterday opened the out-of-doors to University athletes. Softball, baseball, lacrosse, track, tennis, and rowing are now offered to the fresh-air-minded competitor.

Intramural softball and baseball will be scheduled for 3:30 o'clock at Soldiers Field, lacrosse at 3:30 at the Business School field, track at Soldiers Field with times to be arranged with Coach Mikkoia, and tennis from 11 to 6 at the Soldiers Field courts. Singles will be available at Weld Boat House from 10 to 5 o'clock.

The Indoor Athletic Building will continue to house basketball at 2 and 3, conditioning classes at 12:15 and 5:15, and swimming at 11:15, 12:15, and 5:15, and squash may still be played at the University and Dunster courts from 2 to 6 and at the house courts from 3 to 6 o'clock.

All sports and classes will be held daily except Saturday, with Freshman and Sophomores required to attend three hours a week.

All members of the University may participate in these sports, but those required to attend must report to monitors in each class if they wish credit, Department of Physical Training officers warned.