Prague Delegate To Be Voted On

Council Poll Thursday to Test Reaction to Plan; Fenn Will Direct Selection Committee

At a dinner meeting last night, the Student Council determined to conduct a poll Thursday to sound out undergraduate opinion on their proposal to send a College representative to the Student International Conference in Prague during August.

Announcing the appointment of Dan H. Fenn, Jr. '44 as chairman of the committee which will finally select the delegate from among student applications, the Council declined to give out the names of the remaining members until the role of the committee could be clarified.

To be asked the simple question of whether or not they favor having the College represented at the Prague Conference, students who signify their approval will simultaneously be approving the use of $700 or $800 from the Student Service Fund to cover travel and living expenses for the delegate.

All the conditions attendant on a "yes" vote on the ballot, including an explanation of the purposes of the Conference, will be set forth in an accompanying flyer, according to the Council announcement.