CRIME 23-2, S LAMPY TODAY!

CAMBRIDGE, May 15--For the twenty-third time in as many years the game of the decade will unfold tomorrow afternoon on the shifting sands of Soldiers Field before what Police experts predicted late this evening would be the most dangerous crowd in Massachusetts history. With the boys in the know, the man-to-man odds are hovering at the 11 1/2 to 1 level, with the Crime favored for the 98th consecutive year.

It will be the big arm of "little train" Robbie Sturgeon on which the fate of the high-flying Plympton Street pulverizers will rest. The train is expected to be in top shape for the contest after a seven-month layoff. He is, of course, undefeated in league competition.

But the booming bats of the deep-dyed Crimsoneers are expected to smash out a total score sufficient to overcome any runs sneaked across by the opposition. In fact, Boston and New York sports-writers, after a look at the brutal P. street line-up, were privately confessing the feeling that tomorrow's engagement may well upset the 1923 high-water mark in the string of Crimson triumphs. That year the Crimesters came out on top by a 23 to 2 count; only the 1929 (23 to 2) victory and last year's overwhelming 23 to 2 win have approached the early success.

Celebrities from all corners of the nation are gathering for the battle, with late arrivals including President Truman, Tommy Manville, Rose La Rose, Earl Wilson, Colonel Robert R. McCormick, Senator Theodore G. Bilbo, J. Barnuman Bailey, and Admiral Richard E. Byrd. Preparations to hold all the spectators are still proceeding at the Stadium; temporary cheering stands with built-in flags are going up through the night.

2:30 o'clock is the official starting time for the game, according to well-informed authorities reached late this afternoon, but the colorful parade of the contestants is expected to precede the athletic event, oldest consecutive struggle in the Western Hemisphere. The Lineups CRIME  LAMPY Sturgeon, p.  s.s., Zwoncus, O. J. Loveit, 2b.  c., Zwoncus, O. K. Crooner, 1b.  1b., Zwoncus, O. L. Golly, l.f.  2b., Zwoncus, O. M. Loose, e.  3b., Zwoncus, O. N. Bunhum, r.f.  c.f., Zwoncus, O. O. Walk, s.s.  p., Zwoncus, O. P. Trobie., 3b.  l.f., Zwoncus, O. Q. Chainless, c.f.  r.f., Zwoncus, O. R. Thresk, s.f.  s.f., Zwoncus, T. S.