The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Sixth-Inning Run Gives Dartmouth Shutout Triumph

Knowles's Five Hitter Wasted As Doole Shuts Out Crimson In Contest at Hanover, N.H.

Matched in a pitching duel with Jim Doole of Dartmouth, Johnny Knowles turned in a sparkling, five-hit performance at Hanover, Saturday, but it all went for naught as the Crimson batters failed to drive a tally across the platter and went down to defeat 1 to 0.

Doole gave up seven hits, two more than Knowles, but none of them went for extra bases, and they were well spaced. Last time out, Knowles pitched a two hitter to beat Brown; so in his last two outings he has allowed but seven bingles.

The bottom half of the sixth, in which the Big Green bunched three of its base knocks, was Knowles' undoing. With one away, John Stockwell poked one into left for a single. He went to second on Bill Cary's scratch hit, and to third when a walk to Dave Kerr filled the bases. Hank Durham thereupon punched a single out into right and Stockwell came across. HARVARD   ab  r  h  po  a  e Mariaschin, 2b  3  0  0  3  4  0 Swegan, ss  4  0  1  2  1  1 Petrillo, cf  4  0  1  0  0  0 Fitz, lb  4  0  0  9  0  0 Rodis, rf  4  0  1  0  1  0 Allen, lf  4  0  2  3  0  0 Coppinger, 3b  2  0  0  2  1  2 Barron, c  3  0  0  5  0  0 Knowles, p  3  0  2  0  3  0 *Phelan  0  0  0  0  0  0   --  --  --  --  --  -- Totals  31  0  7  24  10  3 *Batted for Coppinger in ninth.