Phelan Defeats B.U. in 6-0 Shutout, Allows 3 Hits for Second Win

Nine Plays Errorless Contest, Faces Brown Tomorrow

Allowing only three hits, Joe Phelan huried a 6 to 0 shut out against Boston University on Soldiers Field Saturday for the Varsity baseball team's second win of the season. The Crimson nine, playing errorless ball, showed strength that has been lacking earlier this season in every department.

After Nick Rodis got the scoring under way with a double that scored Bill Fitz from first in the second inning, there was never much doubt about the out-come of the contest.

Fleet Pete Petrillo scored twice. In the fourth inning, he reached third on a walk and a passed bail, coming home on Rodis' pop out to center. Again in the sixth, he made the trip to third on a passed ball after knocking out a single, and then scored on a ground out to short by Fitz.

The Crimson batters opened up in the seventh, when Harper replaced Snow on the mound for BU. After Jack Coppinger singled and Armen Essayan put down a perfect bunt, Phelan walked to load the bases. A double to center by Saul Mariaschin and a single from Don Swegan's bat brought in three runs.

The team will play Brown in Providence tomorrow.