Trackmen Conquer Yale, 82 to 53, In Dual Meel; Clark, Jackson Star

Taking firsts in 11 of the 18 events, the track team surprised no one and downed Yale by a score of 81 2/4 to 53 1/2 Saturday afternoon in the Stadium. It was the Crimson's third consecutive victory.

And yet the day war not without its drawbacks. All three of the men running for the first time after being shelved with adjusted either had recurrences of their old till or contracted new ones. Dong Panic after taking third in the 100, pulled a muscle on his first broad jump attempt. Similar fates befell Ted Washington in the quarter mile and Cliff Wharton in the low hurdles.

On the less melancholy side of the ledger, Jack Fisher came within less than 2 feet of the Harvard hammer throw record to win the event quite easily with a throw of 168 feet 2 inches. Willo Fisher took second with 157 feet 1/2 inch.

Bob Clark and Bill Jackson each came through twice, Clark winning the 440 and 220 while Jackson was taking the discus and the shot put. Clark covered the 440 in 49.8 seconds and the 220 in 22.4. Jackson's respective heaves were 136 feet 8 3/4 inches, and 47 feet 10 1/2 inches.

Jack Hunter was beaten by the Eli's George Cook and Sherwood Finley in the high hurdles but bounced back to beat both in the lows. His time in the low hurdles was 24.4. Cook's time in the highs was 150.0. In the 100, Herb Fritts broke the tape in 10.1 to win.

The half mile was taken by John Edel-man with a time of 2:1.2, with Bernie O'Brien just nosing out Yale's Bill Goedecke for the second. The mile was another of the Bulldog's scarce firsts, being won by Francis Martin in 4:47. Dave Groshong came in second.

Moriarty Wins 2 Mile

Vin Moriarty scorned company in the two mile, almost half the track separating him from Line Thompson of Yale, who finished second, and Leo Page, as he crossed the finished line 10 minutes, 8.6 seconds after the starting gun.

Leads of 5 feet 9 inches landed Pete Garland and Jack Harrigan in a tie in the high jump. Pete Harwood won the pole vault with 12 feet 8 inches. Owen Torrey and Tom Howard were tied with Bob Clarke of Yale for second at 11 feet.

Yale's two other firsts came in the javelin and the broad jump. The first was won by Irv Bouton with a toss of 169 feet 1 inch and the second by Ed Burdick with a leap of 21 feet 2 5/3 inches. "Joe Holbrook and Ed Wyman took third, respectively, in these two events."

Also scoring points for the Crimson were Jack Fisher and Garland again, who took thirds in the discus and shot put; Bill Ellis who came in second in the 440; Ed Lewis who was third in the low hurdles, and Francis Haydock, who was third in the 220.