Calendar for Opening Days of Term

June 13, Thursday

12 M--4 P.M.: Registration in Memorial Hall for new students in Harvard College and students returning after an absence. Students taking English A anticipatory examination and placement tests are urged to register on Thursday. Assignments to Advisers will be included in the registration envelope of new students and of returning Freshmen who have not completed two terms of residence in Harvard College. Other students will be advised by Departmental Representatives on the following Monday in the fields in which they intend to concentrate or may apply for a Freshman Adviser at 9 University Hall.

June 14, Friday

8:30 A.M.--1 P.M.: Registration continued in Memorial Hall for those new students and students returning after an absence who did not register on Thursday.

11 A.M.--1 P.M.: Examination for exemption from English A, New Lecture Hall, for (a) students returning from service in the armed forces; (b) students who have studied in other colleges; (c) those students entering from school who have been notified in the certificate of admission that they are eligible to take it. Freshmen entering from school and receiving no such notice are not eligible, but any veteran, including any former student who has passed English Aa but not Ab, may take the exemption examination if he wishes to do so.

2--3:30 P.M.: Placement Tests in German and Spanish, New Lecture Hall.

3:45--5:15 P.M.: Placement Tests in Physics, New Lecture Hall.

7:30 P.M.: Reception for all new and returning students in Lowell House dining hall.

--

A Physical Efficiency Test requiring not more than fifteen minutes will be given each new students. An appointment will be included in the registration envelope of each man. If this appointment conflicts with some other engagement, the student should report on Saturday at the Indoor Athletic Building to make another appointment.

--

June 15, Saturday

9--10:30 A.M.: Placement Test in French, New Lecture Hall.

10:45 A.M.--12:15 P.M.: Placement Test in Chemistry, New Lecture Hall.

1:30--2 P.M.: Reading Test. A test to determine rate of speed and comprehension in reading. Required of all new students New Lecture Hall.

June 16, Sunday

11 A.M.: Morning worship service. The Memorial Church Special service for returning veterans and new students, conducted by Dean Willard L. Sperry, Chairman of the Board of Preachers. Each Sunday thereafter throughout the college year.

4 P.M.: Open House for new students, Phillips Brooks House.

June 17, Monday

8:40 A.M.: Morning Prayers in Appleton Chapel. The Memorial Church. Dean Sperry. A non-sectarian, voluntary service held daily, except on Sundays, throughout term time.

9 A.M.: Required meeting for new students in New Lecture Hall. Discussion of choice of studies and other important matters.

10 A.M.--4 P.M.: Freshman Advisers and Departmental Advisers available for conference.

4 P.M.: Preliminary Meeting of English Aa, New Lecture Hall.

5 P.M.: Study cards will be due at 2 University Hall before this hour. Penalty of $5 for late filing of schedules of courses.

5 P.M.: Required meeting for all new students in New Lecture Hall. Department of Hygiene and Physical Training announcements.

7 P.M.: Trials for the University Choir, Memorial Church Choir Room. The Choir has two rehearsals, a week and sings on Sunday morning. Members are paid for their services.

June 18, Tuesday

First regular meetings of courses.

7:30 P.M.: Activities Meeting, Phillips Brooks House. Representatives of undergraduate organizations will speak.

June 28, Friday

Last day upon which students (except new students) may change (drop or add) any course of study without liability for a charge of $5.

July 5, Friday

Last day for new students to make changes in schedules of courses for the Summer Term without incurring a charge of $5. Additional courses (beyond the three required) may be dropped up to July 5th without incurring the additional course fee, but a charge for extra instruction at the rate of $5 per week (not to exceed $50 per course) will be made for any course dropped after July 5th.

July 15, Monday

The summer term bill is issued on July 1st and will be payable on July 15th. It will include the regular tuition charges ($150), the Medical and Infirmary Fee ($15), and, for those in residence, charges for Board and Room for the whole term.