Council Reports $1400 Collection For Service Fund

Treasurer's Report Discloses Year's Donations to Relief Drives and Other Expenses

More than $1400 in contributions to the Harvard Service Fund was received at Memorial Hall on Thursday and Friday, it was announced yesterday by C. Robert Ogden '45, assistant graduate secretary of Phillips Brooks House, whose organization conducted the collection in the absence of Student Council officials.

Describing the total as "very satisfactory," Ogden reminded contributors that their original donation will be the only such solicitation of funds to be made during the coming year. Representatives of PBH will be on hand again at today's registration session at Memorial Hall, but the $1400 sum is not expected to be matched because many of today's registrants have already contributed to the fund.

Almost simultaneous with this announcement came the release yesterday of the Student Council Treasurer's report and Ogden pointed out that first time contributors could discover the use to which their money will be put during the coming year by perusing the report's entries.

Student donations between September 1, 1945 and June 1, 1946, amounted to $11,033.85, which was added to a previous balance of $3,815.31.

The year's expenses were listed as follows; for Phillips Brooks house, $4000; United War Fund, $1000; Red Cross, $1000; March of Dimes, $300; Student Council Scholarships, $630; expenses of sending S. Douglas Cater '46 as Harvard representative to the World Student Conference at Prague this summer, $800

Included under administrative expenses were the precis on General Education, $200; reports on the tutorial system, $200; veterans forum, $100; PBH committee expenses, $793.21. The current balance of $3725.95 does not include money collected at Memorial Hall last week.