House Competitions Will Begin Next Week

Crew and Track Meets Climax Informal Summer Schedule

Plans have already been formulated for summer competition between the Houses. Adolf Samborski '26, Director of Intramural Athletics, announced last night. Stating that the house program would get underway next week, the Varsity baseball coach added that inter House athletics would continue on an informal basis as they were in the spring term.

Culminating the summer season will be a University track meet and a House rowing championship. These events will be in addition to the regular competitions which will begin about June 26. Among sports which will be open to prospective House athletics are hardball, soft ball and tennis. During the last part of the summer term touch football and volleyball teams will also enter the field of House competition.

Six Houses, Dudley Compete

Athletics for each of the six houses (Eliot House will not be open to students until the fall term) as well as Dudley, college center for commuting students, will be managed by a House athletic secretary and an assistant secretary. Samborski announced that a supervisor would be on hand at Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock on June 24 to assist all men who wish to enter the summer program.

Kirkland House was the victor in the spring term competition. To gain the championship the Deacons took the crown in hardball and crew and tied for first place in tennis with Winthrop. Dunster led in basketball, swimming and softball to take second. Winthrop House gained third place with Leverette running a close fourth.

Competition for the Percy E. Straus Trophy, which ordinarily would have been awarded to Kirkland House for leading in inter-house athletics during the spring term, will begin again next fall as in pre-war days.