1743 Men Listed On College Rolls In Summer Term

Pre'47 Veterans (ocC) Form Half of Total Enrolled; 376 Freshmen Have Registered

Almost half of the official College enrollment of 1743 for the summer term consists of returned veterans whose Harvard classes have already been graduated, a release of registration figures by University Hall revealed today.

Listed on the University books as ocC, or out of course (College). are 812 members of classes prier to 1947. Next largest group of registrants is the Class of 1950, with 376 Freshmen officially entered on the college rolls.

The three other classes-sophomores, juniors, and seniors, -followed in descending order, with 305 Sophomores, 174 Juniors, and 73 Seniors on the list. Three registrants are unclassified.

The total figure of 1743, subject to occasional change as new registrants continue to enroll late, is only twenty-three above the figure estimated by University Hall officials at the beginning of the registration periods on June 13. Enrollment figures for the graduate schools, expected to add more than 5,000 students to the University population, should swell the registration figures to the largest summer enrollment in Harvard history. Enrollment Figures Seniors  73 Juniors  174 Sophomores  305 Freshmen  376 OcC  812 Unclassified  3 Total  1743