231 to Graduate As Supply School Quits University

Commissioning of NROTC Will Finish Reign of Navy Blue That Has Lasted Five Years

When 231 officers of the Navy Supply Corps School are graduated in Potter Auditorium tomorrow, and Captain Kenneth C. McIntosh, USN (Ret.) Officer-in-Charge, symbolizes discontinuance of the school by a formal presentation of the school's colors to Business School Dean Donald K. David, the University will have seen all but the last of the 60,000 officers and men it has trained during the past five years.

One hundred seventeen NROTC students will put on the finishing touches when they receive commissions at Thursday's Commencement Exercises, leaving the Yard to seersucker, tweeds, everything but Navy blue.

The Supply Corps School, the nation's only school devoted exclusively to the training of Naval officers for supplying, clothing, feeding, and paying U.S. Naval personnel, will be moved to the Naval Supply Operational Training Center at Bayonne, New Jersey.

Opened at the Navy Yard at Philadelphia in 1934, the school moved to Harvard in 1941 and consolidated with the newly-organized Naval Reserve Supply Corps School which had moved here from Washington, D.C. Under Captain McIntosh's command, the school expanded from its first class of 35 officers, which graduated in July, 1941, to an enrollment of 2300 officers with branches at Wellesley and Babson Institute, and with a division for WAVE officers at Radcliffe.