Buyers' Strike Parade Scheduled in Move to Hold Cambridge Price Line

Committee Under Mayor Lynch Sponsors Demonstration for Boycotting City Merchants

In organized protest against rising prices, members of Cambridge organizations and two University groups, the Liberal Union and the American Veterans Committee chapter, will march down Massachusetts Avenue today in a save-OPA Buyers' Strike Parade.

Mimeographed sheets, urging students to assemble at noon behind the Widener Library for the march, were distributed at heavy-traffic areas in the Yard yesterday and at dinner last night. No one would hazard an estimate of how many University men, other than AVC and HLU members, who are supporting the campaign "100 per cent," will participate.

Band May Be Featured

The Cambridge Committee for Price Control, organized little more than a week ago by delegates from many town groups and the two University organizations, is sponsoring the Buyers' Strike. Mayor Lynch is honorary chairman of the Committee.

A sound truck plied the Square yesterday urging all hearers to boycott Cambridge merchants today. The sound truck and possibly a band will be featured in today's demonstration.

Curley To Be Visited

"Your dollar buys just 75 per cent as much as it did 22 days ago under OPA," the mimeographed sheets pointed out. Addressing veterans attending the University, it posed two questions: "What will $65 be worth if your board bill jumps this Fall?" and "How can you support a family on $90 a month when meat costs $1.00 a pound already?"

The leaflets quoted Paul Porter as saying that "wholesale prices have risen every day since the expiration of OPA."

Today's parade will move as far as Central Square. Plans call for appointment of a delegation of price control committeemen to visit Representative Curley urging repassage of the original OPA act.