Homers Help Belloboys Down Kirkland, 9 to 8

Lowell nosed out Kirkland 9 to 8 on a nip and tuck baseball game yesterday afternoon, after the contest had been limited to five innings by mutual consent of both managers.

Although the losers had the potential tieing run on third in the last of the fifth with one gone, pitcher Bob Curley registered two brilliant strike-outs to end the game, as a pair of Deacons swung wide at his blazing fastball.

Kirkland appeared to have a slight edge in the initial innings, but the Bellboys put on the pressure in a big four-run uprising in the top of the fourth, and were never again headed. Curley poled a tremendous homer to the Stadium wall in that frame with two mates aboard, after cohort Pete Marble had clouted another four-master with the sacks empty.

In the only schedule softball game, Leverett took Dudley by default. This week, the following softball games are scheduled. Tuesday, Adams-Leverett; Wednesday, Adams-Dunster; and Thursday, Winthrop-Dudley.

In the baseball league, the scheduled games are; Tuesday, Adams-Leverett; Wednesday, Lowell-Winthrop; and Thursday, Leverett-Kirkland.