Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

Crimson 9 to Clash with Squantum Monday; Bulk of Batsmen Untried in Competition

Standings to Date Are 6 Wins, 10 Losses; Locals Swamped Squantum in Last Conflict

After being trampled on rather heavily just a week ago, Adolph Samborski's baseball team emerges again Monday afternoon when it meets the Squantum Naval Air Base on alien grounds. The last time teams representing these two institutions met was back in the summer of 1944, on Soldiers Field, when the Crimson treated its visitors rather roughly, giving them a 5 to 2 going over.

The '46 squad now carries a record of six wins and ten setbacks since April when it opened against Kings Point. But only one of these losses can be directly attributed to the squad that will take the field on Monday.

Only One Remains

Only one man who started in the opener is on the present roster, and a handful of subs during the spring days make up the other veterans. The bulk of the team is new to competition.

Probably the most sorely missed man is Don Swegan, erstwhile captain, whose cavortings around short gained him a spot on the Eastern Ali Star college nine. Samborski has been trying out Dave Farrell and Bob Carlson but Swegan's shoes are hard to fill.

Moravek New Hurler

Vince Moravek, a new hurler, gets plenty of power behind his sidearm inshoot that, off and on, completely baffled Boston University hitters. However, he showed a propensity for wildness against the Terriers that got him into trouble a couple of times, notably in the second ining.

With a game behind them, the Crimson should show up somewhat better than against Boston University when they dropped a 12 to 6 game. However, the squad must be classed as inexperienced--a drawback that cannot be overcome in the short space of a week.