Commuters Edge Dunster 8-7; Will Contest in Finals

Greeley Wins in Relief Role After Six-Run Barrage Routs Curley; Crichton Hits Triple

Dudley's baseball nine moved into the final round of the intramural baseball tournament by downing Dunster 8 to 7 on the Varsity field yesterday.

Sporting a hole around second base big enough to drive through in a Mack truck, the Funsters lost a three run lead in the final innings as their opponents capitalized on infield hits and wild throws. Manager, Bob Curley, ended the contest in the last of the seventh, when his bounding ball over second went for a single to score the tie-breaking run from third.

Curley Lacked Stuff

Curley started on the mound for Dudley but lacked his usual stuff as Dunster tallied six times in the first four frames. Marty Greeley replaced him in the fifth and went on to receive credit for the win. Landon Clay went all the way for the Funsters and pitched well, allowing few earned runs and becoming the victim of numerous infield hits and misplays by his teammates.

Big gun of the day was Bob Crichton, of the losers, who stroked a double and a long triple, while turning in a fine job in the field at first base. Paul Kelley led the Commuters at the plate with three infield safties, while Curley shared RBI honors with Art Bauman and Dick Steuer of Dunster, each with two apiece. Innings  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  r  h  e Dunster  0  3  0  3  0  1  0  7  6  4 Dudley  0  1  2  0  1  3  1  8  9  2

Lowell and the Dormitory Team defaulted in their first-round matches, and Adams and Kirkland will clash Monday to complete the semi-final round. The winner of this game will face Dudley in the finals either Tuesday or Wednesday.