Delegates Elected by Three Houses in Probe of Council

Crichton, Everingham, Waller Chosen; Dudley, Winthrop, Adams to Vote Next Week

Three undergraduates, Andrew S. Crichton '45 of Dunster House, Joseph D. Everingham '49 of Kirkland House, and Jack Waller, Jr. '46 of Lowell House were elected this week to represent their respective Houses on the committee for investigation of Student Council activities as the project began its organization for study.

Meeting in their common room last night, 35 members of Leverett House nominated four of their number as delegates from that House on the committee. Those chosen, William O. Aikman '46, Richard A. Kaye '45, Mark W. Hughes '50, and Harry Hollingshead '50, will be voted upon at dinner today.

Edric A. Weld '46, Chairman of the Student Council Summer Committee and a member of Leverett House, was also nominated, but his name was recalled from the ballot when it was decided that it would place him in an embarrassing position.

Adams House will elect its representative next Monday evening and Winthrop House, next Tuesday evening. It is expected that a meeting for Dudley House can be arranged later in the week.

Permanent Members

In addition to the House members elected, Joseph H. Sharlitt '45, Assistant Editorial Chairman of the CRIMSON, Robert Koehl '49, chairman of the student activities committee of the American Veterans Committee, and Charles Sellers, Jr. '45, president of the Harvard Liberal Union will represent their organizations on the committee.

The committee will make a thorough study of the Student Council's activity and election procedures, as well as their expenditure of funds contributed by students, in preparation of a report to the full Council next fall. However, the committee's proposals will first be submitted to the entire student body for a motion of confidence by vote.

Levin H. Campbell, 3rd '48, President of the Student Council for next term, announced last May that he planned to authorize a committee to investigate the Council and recommend changes which would lead to more efficient operation, it is felt by the sponsors of the probe that "an investigation of the Council by the Council might go on for years.