Leverett Nine Battles Dudley on Wednesday

League Lead at Stake; Curley To Face Johnson on Mound

Intramural baseball hit midseason this week with Dudley's unbeaten Commuters leading the league and Leverett's Bunnies a slim half game off the pace. These clubs will clash Wednesday on the Freshman diamond for league supremacy, when fireballer Bob Curley is slated to take the mound for Dudley to oppose the deceptive slow curves of Bunny Bill Johnson.

Curley, the modest mentor of the Dudley forces, attributes the success of his club to tight fielding in the clutches and powerful hitting by catcher Dave Bishop, left fielder Ed Haley, and second sacker Andy Lewis. He also praises the fine play of utility infielder Bob Entwhistle, "who will stand ready Wednesday to bridge any gap in the defense."

"Swede" Cook, manager of the Bunnies, faces the crucial day calmly as he places his trust in the big bats of Dan Phelan, Ben Miller, and Dick Oburchay, who have already led their softball team to the league pennant.

Adolph Samborski, director of intramural athletics, emphasized in releasing the standings that all postponed games will be played to round out the incomplete schedule.

In the softball circuit, Lowell meets Adams today to determine which club shall inhabit the cellar, each team now boasting a won and lost record of 1 and 4. Leverett has already clinched the pennant, and Dunster seems headed for the runner-up position.