Terriers of Boston U. Were Bane of Varsity In Summer's Baseball

An intense, sweaty summer saw Crimson teams tangle not too frequently and not too successfully with other colleges. Adolph Samborski's baseball squad, inherited from Floyd Stahl who went vacationing, played eight games, and managed to gain wins in only three of them.

After its initial 10-3 loss late in June, the baseball squad journeyed to Yale and lost its second game this year to their arch rivals, 6-3. A second loss to B. U., 12-6, was followed by a pair of wins from Squentum and Bowdoin: 7-5 and 6-5. The B. U. Terriers, giving the Crimson a third chance at revenge, again took the measure of the varsity 16-4, and Squantum for a second time seeking a win over the Crimson, failed by one run to do the job, 5-4. The finale for the nine came with the Terriers, who by this time were looking on the Crimson as long lost cousins, and who for the fourth time whipped their opponents 10-6.

The tennis team made out slightly more successfully, winning from Bowdoin 8-1, losing 7-5 to United Shoe, and mastering Lincoln, 8-1.

In its one appearance during the summer term--and that a hangover from the spring--the crew journeyed out to Washington and pulled up fifth, behind Cornell, MIT., Washington, and Wisconsin.

Jaakko Mikkola's track team also made but one appearance in the summer months, placing third behind Dartmouth and Boston A. A. in the New England A. A. A. U. meet in Boston.