Mile Relay Team Wings to Millrose Games Saturday

Mikkola's Undefeated Quartet To Race Ivy League Teams In Madison Square Garden

Provided the weather behaves, a new chapter in Harvard track history will be written Saturday morning at Logan Airport when a five-man Crimson contingent boards an American Airlines flagship for the Millrose Games in New York. Making the hop will be relay members Wes Flint, Al Ruby, Cliff Wharton, manager George Caploe, and coach Jaakko Mikkola. Jim Wheeler, fourth relay entry, will join the group in New York.

Bolstered by the return of Wharton, the one-mile relay quartet will attempt to preserve its unblemished record when it hooks up with Yale, Princeton, and Cornell on the Madison Square Garden saucer. In three tests on the boards this season, the mile combine has had things pretty much its own way, victimizing Rhode Island State, Northeastern, Brown and Holy Cross.

Before anchoring the mile relay, stylish Wes Flint will take a shot at the high hurdles. Last Saturday in the K. of C. meet at 45 yards, Wes ran several big men into the boards and just missed beating out Ted Sparrow for second place. Saturday he will meet virtually the same blue-ribbon field, but he will compete over the longer 60-yard route, which he prefers.