University Set To Help Vets On Red Tape

Secretaries, V.A. to Be on Hand At Registration, to Assist in Filling G.I. Bill Applications

Men entering the College for the first time as veterans will find numerous individuals waiting in Memorial Hall today to assist them with vet problems during registration, according to John U. Monro, assistant Counsellor for Veterans.

Contained in each veteran's registration envelope will be a bulletin explaining what financial aid he is entitled to under the G.I. Bill while attending the College. Also contained in the pamphlet is information concerning the purchase of books.

In addition to the battery of secretaries from the University veterans office in Weld Hall, a representative from the Boston V.A. office will be on hand to take applications for certificates of eligibility for those who have not already filed them. Discharge papers will also be required.

Vets Pen Answers

While most of the paper work is being handled by the University veterans office, former servicemen will have to fill out a Form 1950 to get tuition aid and subsistence payments, an address card to have service records sent to the local V.A. office, and a card entitling the holder to purchase books at government expense. Married veterans will have to present a suitable copy of their marriage certificates to obtain the additional subsistence they are entitled to.

All new vet students will have to wait until 9:30 o'clock Tuesday morning before they can secure authorizations to submit to book stores for the texts they need this term. Mrs. Helen McCloskey, in charge of the veterans book order department, said that lists of the course texts would be ready at Memorial Hall at that time.