World Federalists Offer Van Doren Here on Thursday

Mark Van Doren, critic, poet, and college professor, will speak on "A Liberal Looks at World Government" Thursday evening at 8:30 o'clock in Emerson D. Van Doren will speak under the sponsorship of the Harvard World Federalist group.

Presently a Professor of English at Columbia he has also taught at St. Johns and is the author of several books of poetry and criticism. In the twenties he was literary and motion picture editor of The Nation.

In the last few years he has been active in the world government movement and is on the Executive Board of United World Federalists. He spoke here in the spring of 1946 on behalf of the world government idea.

Federalists Men Here

The Harvard World Federalists were informally organized last year under the name of Harvard Student Federalists. Their program this year looks forward to the presentation of several speakers and debates, according to Stephen Minot '51, temporary secretary of the group.

Ivor A. Richards, University Professor, will introduce the speaker. Tickets for the meeting are on sale at The Coop.