Harvard Man's Body Goes Up On Auction Block Tonight at Simmons

Simmons girls will have a chance to buy a Harvard man tonight, but they will have to give him back after one evening's entertainment. Charles S. "Chuck" Hilboldt '48 will go up on the auction block along with a "tall bland" from Tufts and in the college's assemble hall.

The gal who gets a man will have a pair of tickets to Simmon's first all-college formal thrown in with her prize. Any money collected will go to the current drive for funds to enlarge the college.

"Chuck must be a good looking fellow," chirped Barbara Carney, who is in charge of procuring the men. "Aren't you all?"

A Big Marine

She would not predict whether he would bring a better price than his rivals but pointed out that the Tufts man is 22, an ex-marine, and a fine specimen. M.I.T. has chipped in with a Delta Tau Delta, and "that's very good."

Buying local college boys is nothing new for the Simmons undergraduates. They had a similar crack at it about two years ago and paid well for the goods. Barbara expects at least five dollars a head. "I wish we could sell them by the pound," she said dreamily.