Yardlings Beat Nichols College In Soccer Game

While the Varsity ran through its last pre-West Point practice drills on the adjoining turf, Poley Guyda's Freshman soccer team rolled to a 2 to 0 victory over Nichols Junior College on the Business School soccer field yesterday afternoon.

Leonard Gordon and Oliver Lee each scored one goal to lead the Yardlings to their second victory of the season with no defeats. Gordon, the center forward, scored first at the start of the second period, booting the ball in from a scrimmage in front of the goal mouth. A long blast from the right of the goal in 11:50 of the third period accounted for Lee's score.

Guyda was somewhat disappointed with his team's showing. Neither team did much passing but relied mainly on long boots up and down the field which occasionally turned into fast breaks toward the goal.

Coach MacDonald ran his Varsity team through two hours of kicking drills and scrimmage yesterday afternoon in prep- aration for the West Point game which comes up tomorrow. The booters leave Cambridge this afternoon at 3 o'clock, and after spending the night at the Plains will play the Cadets at 3:30 o'clock tomorrow. Like the football team, the squad is scheduled to head back to Cambridge shortly after the game.

The team will have no practice tomorrow but a short workout is scheduled for tomorrow morning at West Point. On Saturday at the Business School Field the idle Freshmen and Jayvee teams will tangle for the unofficial left-behind championship