Suspension Punishment for Eli Vandalism, Says Bender

Any willful destruction of Yale students or impromptu decoration of the Eli stronghold over the coming weekend will provoke swift retribution from University Hall, warned Wilbur J. Bender '27, Dean of the College, yesterday.

Drawing a line between harmless pranks and sheer "vandalism," Dean Bender announced that students reported by Yale authorities for actions that damage property or endanger life and limb face possible dismissal upon their return to Cambridge.

Dean Bender said that he would follow the example of the Dartmouth student government that forced the eight Hanover men apprehended painting up the University during the Harvard-Dartmouth weekend to pay repair fees amounting to between $400 and $500. Sitting as a judiciary body, the newly empowered Dartmouth student government further advocated a permanent suspension of all students proved guilty of future vandalism.

Transfer Students Warned

The current University policy also applies to graduate students with loyalties to other colleges who seize upon weekend confusion as an ideal time to get in a few strokes for their ex-alma maters.

While praising Harvard's excellent record at a time when 'destructive pranks reach an all-time high," Dean Bender felt that the perennial spirit of havoc that precedes each Yale game demands a clarification of University policy regarding the unlimited use of spray-guns.