Hordes Head for Yale Bowl Today

By William S. Fairfield

Every conceivable mode of transportation but the page stick will take part in the mass exodus of Crimson students today and tomorrow morning for the Yale gridiron battleground at New Haven, Connecticut.

A last-minute survey of travel facilities yesterday showed that openings on trains, planes, and busses are almost non-existent, with the few reservations left varying inversely with the time the specific carrier takes to get to the Eli stronghold.

American Airlines (one-half hour travel time) announced a complete sell-out of all flights to Now Haven, including a special plane chartered by Boston's Harvard Club, up to game time.

The New Haven Railroad (three hours to New Haven) asserted "only a few remaining seats" on its football special train leaving Boston at 8:35 o'clock tomorrow morning. "The return train departing from Yale at 5:15 o'clock for Boston, has more open seats, but we expect to be all out by tomorrow (today) noon."

With an average of five and one-half hours to New Haven, the Greyhound Bus Company claimed it had "plenty of seats" on its 18 trips per day.

As most of the 500 College car-owners planned to make the journey, Robie's U drivit station in Harvard Square stated that its 35 cars had been rented out two weeks ago.

Crimson rooters had better watch themselves on the roads, according to the State Police who said, "All available men will be on the job for the occasion."